Thursday, June 2, 2011

Introduction

My name is Sarah, my favorite color is blue, and I'm working on my Masters in Education / Secondary Education Certification 7-12 English.

After earning my Bachelor of Arts degree in English, I traveled to Boston to join the AmeriCorps *VISTA program. Upon completing my year of service, I worked at two different non-profit organizations in Boston. A few years later, my husband and I moved to Connecticut for his job. In Connecticut, I substitute taught for several months before joining United Technologies Corporation in October 2008. I left my job as a senior analyst in the Program Management Office days before starting TCPCG. 

I have a lot of energy to burn off (no caffeine for me!), so I spend my free time running, hiking, practicing yoga, gardening, cooking, and playing with my equally active chocolate lab. My husband and I also spend a good deal of time doing home improvement projects. We just finished installing slate flooring in our den. 

I have a working knowledge of technology. I can perform basic tasks that are required for most professional jobs, but I cannot do anything "fancy" (e.g. creating a video). I look forward to learning how to effectively use technology in my classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment